- 1 cup organic wheat flour
- 2.5 cups organic rolled oats
- 3/4-1 cup unpasturized honey (other options: Organic Maple Syrup, Brown Rice Syrup)
- 2/3 cup organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (other options: Chia Seed)
- MIXES: 2 cups of your choice - you can mix up any ingredients like these (I try for organic where available) - her are some ideas for your combos:
- Coconut (one of my favourites)
- Dried Fruit (I like dried cranberries)
- Almonds, Peanuts, Walnuts, Cashews, etc.
- Hemp Seeds
1. Mix the honey (unpasturized) and peanut butter until smooth.
|I do this right in the pot - if it's hard to mix I turn the heat on low until ingredients warm up a little|
2. Blend the Mixes in a food processor. I used 1 cup coconut, 1 cup nuts.
3. Add the mixes, oats, flour, and wheat germ (or Chia Seed) - mix this all up really well. If it's too dry add some water a teaspoon at a time - if too wet add some oats a tbsp at a time.
|This will need to stick together - fully blend it|
3. Grease a lasagna pan & pack the granola down hard into the pan.
|Use your hands to pack this down|
4. Bake around 15-20 minutes - keep checking - it should just be dry on the top - if you overcook they will crumble apart (you'll recognize that's what happened). Immediately cut & remove from pan when you take them out of the oven. Get into sealed container as soon as they are cooled a bit. You can freeze these too - but we always finish them too fast for that. I use wax paper to layer them in a rectangle container.
|Trick to cutting - I use a fry pan lifter with a sharp edge as my knife and lifter.|