- 1/2 - 1 Squash (your choice! I like anything orange but others work too)
- 2-3 Large Potato Diced (Or Yams if you got them!)
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 5-6 cups of water (start this boiling while you chop!)
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1-2 Tbsp Curry Powder
- A Pinch of Fresh Sage (if you got it)
- 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Basil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
1. Cut that squash in half - spoon out the inside cuts & chop off (or peel) the skin. Chop this up into bite sized pieces.
2. Chop up the Potato (or Yam) into Bit Sized pieces.
3. Toss the Potato & Squash into the boiling water. Boil for 15 minutes or until soft.
4. While the veg boils chop up the Onion (I like to use Red) and fry this up at Medium until they get a little transparent & soft - I've been happy using Safflower Oil lately for my pan frying. Half way through frying I like to toss some of the spice right on the onion (your choice). Once done, add this to the pot of soup along with the rest of the spices
5. Boil at a Medium heat for 15-20 minutes. Half way through add the Coconut Milk & Brown Sugar.
6. Finally fill a blender to 3/4 with the chunky bits of the soup. Make sure to hold the top bit open on the blender lid or it will fly out with the pressure. Keep flicking the switch back & forth from off to low quickly until it's blended. Add this back into the soup.
7. Done - Beautiful Creamy Delicious home made soup.