- 2 Leak
- 2 Small Onion or 1 Large
- 2 Large Potatoes
- 1 Large Yam
- 2 Veggie Boullion Cubes
- 6-8 cups water (depends on how thick/ thin you want it)
- 1-2 Cloves Fresh Garlic Crushed
- Salt & Pepper
1. Chop dark green ends off the leak, then chop the end off the white end - split the stalks open and then clean them through (a lot of dirt can get in there) - Chop up the Leaks
2. Chop up the Onions & put the Leaks & Onions together in a frying pan with some oil - cook on Medium (just a little under) until they are soft could be 10-15 minutes. Add the Garlic when they are almost done.
|Cook Leak & Onion until soft & slightly translucent|
|Crush the fresh cloves|
3. While the Onion cook boil the water, chop up the Yam & Potato and Boil for 10 minutes.
|Chop up Potato & Yam - if you don't have Yam you can use an extra Potato|
|Boil 10 minutes - Add the Onion & Leak Mix - Boil another 10 minutes|
|While Boiling water add 2 Bouillon cubes|
4. After boiling the Leaks, Onion, Potato & Yam for 10 minutes together blend everything - you'll need to leave the little top partially open on the blender - hold it with you hand & gently flip the blender to low and then quickly back again - or the steam can send everything exploding out.
|After blending add back to the Pot with Salt & Water & cook on low for 10 minutes|
5. Simmer all the blended ingredients for 10 minutes - Add some salt & pepper - Voila - Creamy delicious Leak & Yam-Potato soup.