My grandma used to make these Baking Powder Biscuits. I loved them so much I had to find a vegan version that would work. This recipe makes a nice fluffy delicious scone like biscuit in no time flat. Try using whole wheat flour for a little healthier a version.
I've made these biscuits for breakfast - they are equally great for snacks - with soup - or at dinner. The key to a good biscuit is to work the dough by hand as quickly and as little as possible.
3 Cups Flour
1.5 Tbsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tbsp Raw Sugar
2/3 Cup Vegan Butter or Margarine
3/4 Cup Soy Milk
Pre-Heat Oven to 425 F - Bake 15 minutes on non-stick pan.
1. Add all the dry ingredients & mix in a wide bowl (no need to sift).
2. Add the Margarine to the dry mix & work it through with a pastry cutter until crumbly.
3. Pour the Soy Milk across the surface of the dough & gently mix it up with a wooden spoon. Once it's a little mixed dig in with your hands and quickly form a ball.
|Place ball on Floured Wax Paper|
4. Flatten the ball into a rectangle - around an inch thick. Brush Soy Milk over the surface and then sprinkle Raw Sugar over the surface.
|This makes the sugar stick!|
|Sprinkle with sugar - the surface will be so pretty!|
|Cut in half & then slice - you can make them smaller if you want|
5. Bake approximately 15 Minutes at 425 F. Enjoy!
|Great with Vegan Butter, Jam, other spreads or Plain!|
|Great hot & great cold later - store in sealed container after cooled|