|Simple & Yummy|
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce (or crushed tomatoe)
- 12 small tomatoes chopped up
- 1/2 a bag Frozen Spinach
- 1 medium white Onion
- 1 portobello mushroom sliced
- 1 green pepper
- 2 Tofurky Sausages (any kind) (You can also try Ground Round or Tofu)
- 1 Package non-cooked Lasagna noodles
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (crushed)
Pre-heat oven to 350 F - this takes 30 minutes to cook; I suggest to cook it covered so the top layer of noodle doesn't get crispy.
1. Chop the tomatoes and add to a pot with the pasta sauce. Chop up & add the green pepper to this mix. Bring to a boil and then simmer 10 minutes.
2. Chop up the Onion & Tofurkey sausage. Add to fry pan (first onion 5 minutes then toss in the sausage). Add the Garlic one the onions are almost done.
|Chop the veg sausage up into tiny pieces|
|Crush garlic & add after onions are close to done|
3. Once onions are soft add the frozen spinach to the pan. Cook until the spinach has defrosted and lost some of it's water.
|Mix in spinach after onions are cooked|
4. Take a full sized lasagna pan. You are going to use three layers of pasta. Make sure red sauce touches to the top & bottom of each noodle layer. Add a layer of tomato sauce in bottom of pan, then the first layer noodles (Not cooked! They will cook in the sauce - like all pasta will), then more tomato sauce, then a layer of the spinach mix, top with tomato sauce, then another layer of pasta... you get the idea. In the second layer add the non-cooked portobello slices.
|Layer Red sauce under & over every pasta layer|
|Portobello mushroom layer|
|Spinach & Tofurky filling layer|
5. Make sure there is plenty of red sauce on the last layer of the pasta. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 F. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy.
|Better to cook covered! I didn't have any tinfoil when I made this. Still worked ok.|