Monday, February 21, 2011

Yogi Trail Mix Granola Bars - No Bake!

I really wanted a no-bake granola bar recipe where the granola bar stayed together.  This site http://eatliverun.com/yogi-trail-mix-bars/ had a recipe for yogi trail mix bars and it really served the need.  I didn't have any vegan choco chips so I used a square of baking chocolate crushed in the food processor - and added at the end like a choco topping.  FYI: Yum, yum, yum. 



These are good. I will definitely make them again.  Although... for those die hard vegans, I use honey, so this isn't total vegan.  Next time I'll maybe try brown rice syrup or agave nectar and see if they turn out.

If you want to try out the recipe check out the link for instructions.  I've pasted the ingredients here.  It's pretty easy.... (1) boil the honey, peanutbutter & sugar, (2) dump this over the dry & mix, and (3) press down hard into a pan. Voila.

Tip: We kept these in the fridge for the week or at least the 5 days they lasted.

Ingredients;
1 cup honey
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4th tsp salt
2 T granulated sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup oat bran (or ground flax seed - that's what I used)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup dried cherries, cranberries or berry blend

No comments:

Post a Comment