Saturday, November 6, 2010

What's on a Veggie Sandwich?

Over my time as a vegetarian I found that many of my friends were really truly interested - or maybe intrigued/ freaked out, in my eating choice.  I've faced a number of interesting questions.  One of the most common questions is "What's on a Veggie Sandwich?"  Wow, what isn't on a veggie sandwich?  When faced with the no meat & no cheese option the only thing to do... is look at all the many other choices that are out there - avocado, tomato, onion, bacun, fried tofu, pickle, jalapeno, cucumber, roasted peppers, mushroom, spinach, lettuce, hummus, veggie spread, mustard, pepper, salt, a huge variety of breads/ buns - and more.

So for all the people out there that ask "What's on a veggie sandwich?" I made a great one today and here's what was on it:

Ingredients for a Veggie Sandwich:
  • Tomato Bread
  • Mustard
  • Veggie Spread
  • Cucumber slices
  • Tomato slices
  • Red Pepper slices
  • Fake Bacon Slices by Yves
  • Garnish: Home Made Pickles 
And here's the delicious results:





No comments:

Post a Comment