I made this stir fry with almonds, onions, kale and sugar snap peas. The kale and peas really gave a fantastic texture. Almonds in stir fry? They worked but weren't as crispy as I wanted. Next time I'll try and toast them and add to the stir fry at the end.
1. Chop up veggies into bite sized pieces (Kale, Sugar Snap Peas, Onion)
2. Add some grape seed oil (does great with high temperatures) to a fry pan
3. Start with frying the onion for around 4 minutes, then add the peas for another 3 minutes, move the peas & onions to one side of the pan and then add a little bit of veggie broth (or water) to the pan & toss the kale on top, cover the kale side with a lid for about 2 minutes
4. Toss everything together another minute and then add 1/2 can of coconut milk
5. To that add 1-2 tbsp of soy sauce (the good sushi kind), a spoonful of green curry paste, a splash of lime juice and 1-2 tsp of brown sugar
6. Add the almonds (1 handful, try roasting them first) and let all of this simmer for around 5 minutes.
7. Serve over rice.
Almonds Apple Asparagus Banana Biscuits Bread Breaded Breakfast Bun Canning Chia Seeds Chickpeas Cinnamon Coconut Milk cookies Crust Curry Daiya Cheese Earth Balance Fried Granola Bars Gravy Green Hemp Seeds Hummus icing sugar Jalapeno Jalapenos Joy of Vegan Baking Kale Leak Lentils mexican Mondragon Natural Products Pasta Pecan Pickled Pie Pita Pizza Portobello Potato Products Pumpkin Quinoa Recipe Salsa Sandwich Seitan Soup Squash Syrup Taco Tempeh Tofu Tofurky Tomatoes Vegan Veganaise Veganomicon Veggie Burger Yam